Kyocera Perfect Peeler Presents: “The Best Darn Potato Salad in the Whole World”
Summertime means swimming with the kids, making sure the pets are safe for the Fourth of July and potato salad—lots and lots of potato salad!
Everybody has a favorite style of potato salad. Usually it is the kind their moms used to make when they were kids, although some tastes do evolve and a more sophisticated spud salad is what tempts the taste buds.
However, there is only one “Best Darn Potato Salad in the Whole World” and the Kyocera Perfect Peeler (demo video) is about to let everyone in on the secret. This recipe will have potato salad aficionados applauding with praise over the sweet and tender chunks of “tater” that melt on the tongue, rather than leaving that flaky mealy residue that ruins what can only be described as summer’s greatest tradition: Potato Salad.
The Best Darn Potato Salad in the Whole World
• 8 potatoes
• 8 eggs
• 1 stalk celery, chopped
• 4 teaspoons white sugar
• 1/2 cup sweet relish
• 2 clove garlic, minced
• 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Salt a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Add potatoes that have been perfectly peeled by the Kyocera Perfect Peeler.
2. Cook until tender but still firm, about 22 minutes (the right cooking time is crucial for a tender potato). Drain and cut into cubes with Kyocera ceramic knife.
3. Boil eggs for only 4 minutes before removing from heat. Let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes (eggs should be hard but not overcooked). Peel and slice with Kyocera slicer.
4. In a large bowl combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, sweet relish, sugar, garlic, mustard, mayonnaise and salt and pepper.
5. Gently mix together and serve poolside.
Using ceramics in the kitchen is the most hygienic way to prepare foods. Cooking with Kyocera Advanced Ceramics products means you are using the best tools to keep your family’s meals healthy.
Enjoy the summertime and the “Best Darn Potato Salad in the Whole World.”